Welcome to the website of Santinel (hereinafter referred to as “we” or “us”). We are committed to protecting the privacy of our customers and users of our website.
- Collection of personal information
We collect personal information only to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this policy when you use our website or interact with our services. The personal information we collect may include, but is not limited to, the following :
● First and last name.
● Email address (email address, internet protocol (IP) address).
● Phone number.
● Payment information (information regarding your credit cards, debit cards or other recognized electronic payment method during purchases or transactions).
● Billing, ordering, and tracking information on orders and deliveries.
● Information about purchased products and services.
● Information for customer service, support or after-sales.
We collect this information when you voluntarily provide it to us, for example, when creating an account, placing an order or communicating with our customer service.
- Use of personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
● Provision of products or services you have requested.
● Payment processing and invoicing, as well as responding to your requests for information, order tracking or support requests.
● Communicating with you about our products, services and special offers.
● Communication regarding after-sales service, exchange, return, warranty or product recall.
● Continuous improvement of our products and services.
● Compliance with legal obligations.
- Use of connection cookies (hereinafter: “cookies”)
a.Types of Cookies
● Essential cookies: These cookies are necessary for our website to function, allowing you to navigate and use its essential features.
● Preference Cookies: Preference Cookies allow a website to remember information that changes the way the site behaves or is displayed, such as your preferred language or the region you are in.
● Performance cookies: These cookies help us collect information about how visitors use our website, for example, which pages are most popular. This data is used to improve the website and make your experience better.
● Statistics Cookies: Statistics Cookies help website owners collect and report information anonymously to understand how visitors interact with websites.
● Advertising (or Marketing) Cookies: We may use third-party cookies to deliver personalized advertisements based on your interests.
b. Cookie Control
- Disclosure of Personal Information
We will not disclose your personal information to third parties without your consent, except in the following cases:
● When necessary for providing our products or services, for example, and without limitation, for delivering goods by a third party carrier.
● When required by law or court order.
● When necessary to protect our rights, safety or that of our users.
● When necessary in the context of fraud prevention or act of nature.
● In the event of mergers, acquisitions or sale of all or part of our assets, your personal information may be transferred to these third parties.
- Transfer of personal information abroad
We sometimes use service providers located outside of Canada (including outside the province of Quebec) to carry out certain specific mandates in the ordinary course of our business. Therefore, personal information about you may be transferred to locations other than your province, territory, state or country of residence.
In such a case, we ensure that the personal information is transferred to countries that have received a compliance decision from the competent authority or that the personal information is adequately protected by technical, organizational, contractual or other appropriate legal means.
- Security of personal information
We implement appropriate security measures to protect your personal information against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. This includes protecting payment information through encryption.
- Conservation des renseignements personnels
We retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes set out in this policy unless a more extended retention period is required by law.
- Destruction of personal information
We will securely destroy personal information received at the end of the retention period or when the personal information is no longer required.
However, in some instances and for severe and legitimate purposes, such as for statistical data or otherwise, we could anonymize (that isto say: to make it impossible to identify the person through information and this irreversibly and permanently) personal information. This procedure will make tracing the individual linked to the intelligence impossible. The rest of the data will be destroyed following the previous paragraph.
- Links to a third party site
We want to inform you that the Policy does not apply to other third-party websites which can be accessed from links on our internet pages. We are not and cannot be responsible for these third-party sites, their content, access or how they may use your personal information.
- Using Google Inc. Products
We may use Google Inc.’s (Google) ReCAPTCHA product to protect form entries on our website. This system is used to check whether the data entered on our site (contact form) was joined by a human or an automated program to avoid malicious use. For more information, we invite you to consult the Google reCAPTCHA website and read their policies.
By using the ReCAPTCHA service, you consent to process data about your Google in the manner and for the purposes set out in their policies.
b) Google Analytics
We may use the Google Analytics product from Google Inc. (Google) to improve the experience and analyze our customers. For more information, we invite you to consult the Google Analytics website and read their policies.
Using our website, you consent to Google’s processing of data about you in the manner and for the purposes set out in their policies. For any information, please get in touch with our manager in the Contact section below.
- Your rights
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, including:
● The right to access your personal information.
● The right to correct your personal information if it is inaccurate.
● The right to withdraw your consent at any time when the personal information transmitted was based on your consent.
● The right to change your communication preferences
● The right to request deletion of your personal information, subject to legal obligations.
● The right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
Any questions or concerns regarding this policy or about the collection, use or disclosure of your personal information can be addressed using the unique information access form accessible from the footer of the website of Santinel.
You can also write to us at the following address:
Person responsible for the protection of personal information :
Geneviève Bégin – Responsible for private information
Email Address | Rprp@santinel.com
Address | 1061, chemin du Coteau-rouge Longueuil (Qc) J4K 1W5
We thank you for your trust in Santinel and interest in protecting your privacy.
We reserve the right to modify this Policy at any time. Any changes will be posted on our website with an updated revision date.
By continuing to use our products or services after changes are posted, you accept the terms of the revised or modified Policy.
We thank you for your trust in Santinel to protect your personal information.
Date of last update: 01/26/2024
Effective date policy: 01/26/2024
Contact Information: Santinel – 1061, chemin du Coteau-rouge Longueuil (Qc) J4K 1W5 | Rprp@santinel.com | 1 877 521-7801 | Geneviève Bégin – Responsible for private information