- Air Quality
- Industrial Hygiene Management and Organizational Development
- Mould and Microorganisms
- Personnal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Gases and Vapours
- Compressed Air
- Heat Stress
- OHS Prevention & Training
- Accident records management and financing
- First Aid
Sampling of moulds and micro-organisms
Concerns about building contamination by micro-organisms (moulds, bacteria) is a relatively new phenomenon, and research is very active in this area. References, standards and regulations are changing rapidly.
Many micro-organisms are not harmful and are even essential to our lives. By contrast, some species are harmful and entail health risks, depending on their nature and the extent of the contamination. Contaminations can trigger serious health threats like allergic reactions, asthma, conjunctivitis, bronchitis and pneumonia.
Where there are wet materials, mould inevitably grows, so one must rectify the situation very quickly. The problem is that mould growth may be visible, but often the contamination is invisible (inside walls and ceilings, ventilation ducts, etc.). In many cases, fungal contaminations are often revealed by the health symptoms of occupants.
Working closely with you, we conduct a brief assessment of the situation (history of complaints, alleged health status, extent of contamination). We develop an intervention plan which may include the following:
- Identification and location of the causes of contamination
- Evaluation of the real scope of the problem by samplings of the air and contaminated materials; identification of the species of micro-organisms and their pathogenicity
- Identification of avenues for decontamination.
- Development of a report with recommendations
If needed, we can develop a protocol and estimates for decontamination as well as carry out the decontamination. In all cases, we provide guidance as you present the results and actions carried out to your employees and colleagues.